It's 1978 and zombies in polyester walk the earth. A pair of SWAT officers take refuge with a perfume counter girl in a zombie-infested shopping mall. Hiding out in JC Penney's, they're soon joined by a TV weather girl, her traffic reporter beau, and a suburban punk chick who is still in love with the boy from the record store … now a zombie! As ravenous hoards attack the frail security gate separating the living from the walking dead, the survivors make a desperate bid for weapons and supplies, eventually forming a makeshift family amidst the consumer trappings of the 1970s. But paradise is short-lived as betrayal, false identities and infection from a zombie bite threaten the belief that "there's got to be a morning after." Danger lurks behind every mannequin in a play that blends horror, satire and melodrama with punk rock and disco music into "a whirlwind of zombie mayhem." (Kansas City Star)
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code MH3000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Melodrama
- ISBN(13) 9781583426906
- "This was a really fun show to do with high school students. It's just subversive enough to get the cast pumped up, but not enough to be genuinely R rated. It's especially fun for tech crew!"
- Review by Jennifer Heaton, Urbana High School, Urbana, Ill.
Media Reviews"A likable, lunatic spree through horror clichés, pop-culture gags … it's great fun." -Pitch Weekly
"A whirlwind of zombie mayhem." -Kansas City Star