A classic tale has been dramatized by Lowell Swortzell for family audiences. "Gulliver transcends barriers of age," wrote the enthusiastic reviewer of The Capital, "… this is not simply children's theatre. The play works on several levels. Swortzell's adaptation offers flash and fun for those who don't look deeper, and social commentary for those who do. This is a great show for theatres great and small." The play takes audiences on all four famous voyages, from Lilliput to Brobdingnag to outer space and to the land of the noble Houyhnhnms and the comic Yahoos. Gulliver's Travels is a joy for actors and audiences everywhere.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code GA3000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 125 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- "This is an excellent script. The full story is divided into four voyages and provides plenty of characters for both middle school and high school performers. We used some of the suggested ideas for the height differences in voyages one and two, and the audience fully bought into the story telling. The entire show was a great success."
- Review by Pamela Harwood, Faith Christian School, Roanoke, Va.