Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code F20000
- Cast Size 14
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871295859
- "Fun play and lots of lively characters. I would recommend for any high school. We had lots of fun."
- Review by Shilind Wheaton, Murrieta Valley HS, Murrieta, Calif.
- "Our cast and crew had an AMAZING time working on this show. The audience loved it and we drew twice as many people as we did last year for our fall show. I would recommend anyone to do this who loves to laugh and do comedy."
- Review by Brian Ketcham, Keller High, Fort Worth, Texas
- "Figments is very funny, romantic comedy. The script carries the show with very creative wit. Figments offers both the audience and performers an evening of laughs and fun."
- Review by John Van Nest, Rockford East High School, Rockford, IL
- "A fast-paced, rollicking comedy about a playwright suffering from writer's block. Great, funny roles for both older and younger performers. A script that kept us laughing all through rehearsals and was a total audience pleaser. More Billy St. John plays, please!"
- Review by Jeff Zimmer, Elate, North Hollywood, CA
- "WHAT FUN! 22 years of directing and this was one of my favorites. We had a blast and got only positive feedback. I wish you could have seen it."
- Review by Donna Matney, Burleson High School, Burleson, Texas
- "This play was chosen unanimously by my theatre arts class at Gouverneur High School. We had a wonderful time getting the show ready for performance. After the show, it was said that no audience had laughed harder at a show in the 30 years we have been doing shows!"
- Review by Carol Amberg, Gouverneur High School, Gouverneur, N.Y.
- "This show is so much fun! My actors loved working on it and the audiences laughed hysterically."
- Review by Cyndi LeDoux, Henry E. Lackey High School, Indian Head, Md.
- "Figments is ideal for a company that can handle fast-paced action, tight dialogue and vocal variety, since several scenes are played several times onstage. All of the figments of Rick's imagination make this play a hilarious visual comedy. The more "extreme" the acting choices by the cast, the more fun the audience will have."
- Review by Julia Worthington, Western Hills High School, Fort Worth, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "I used unfired Urns and had Loni 2 smash a baseball bat into it as Loni 1 held the Urn.
Pops costume was made out of Foam.
We set it in the 1990s, which was fun.
- Tip by Brain Ketcham, Keller High, Fort Worth, Texas
- "Establish the invisibility of the characters and doubles clearly and early."
- Tip by Carol Amberg, Gouverneur High School, Gouverneur, N.Y.