"Married to a provincial governor, the punctilious Karenin, Anna revolts against her life of compromise when she meets the charming officer Vronsky. But two other love affairs have been given their proper, important place in this adaptation: the rocky marriage of Anna's philandering brother and the on-off courtship between Kitty...and Levin. Edmundson dares to bring Anna and Levin together for the first spoken words of the play. 'This is my story,' Anna murmurs. 'It seems to be mine, too,' comes the reply, and for the remainder of the play scenes are set and emotions summarized through the imaginary exchange of their confidences." (The Times, London) Edmundson illuminates the story's grand pattern: how the adulterous Anna travels towards disintegration and death, while the young landowner, Levin, travels toward maturity and a sense of wholeness.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A17000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 180 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Senior Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Drama | Tragedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583420201
- "Wonderful characters for in-depth actor exploration. Can be visually stunning or done bare stage. The student actors were challenged and created beautiful art."
- Review by Kristi Cobern, Timberview High School, Arlington Texas
|The Theatre School at DePaul University||Chicago||Illinois||5/6/2019||5/12/2019|