Three Japanese folktales are told in story-theatre versions, designed to be performed as a trilogy. The Magic Fan is a humorous tale about a magic fan that can make noses grow long and short. The Princess of the Sea is a dance drama that takes place in a fishing village, and in the fantasy kingdom of the Dragon King of the Sea. Finally, The Little Peach Boy is a hero story that is set in a mountain village, and on the Isle of the Devils, where the Ogres live. The stories are as familiar to Japanese children as Cinderella is to Americans. The narrative theatre style is derived from the traditional Bunraku, Kabuki and Noh plays. The author, who has lived and studied in Japan, gives detailed suggestions for each aspect of production.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code TM1000
- Cast Size 10
- Pages 60
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780876022092
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).