Five stories are presented by an ensemble cast in story theatre/audience participation style. The actors greet the audience as they arrive and introduce participation through mime and improvisational activities. Jack and the Northwest Wind: Jack seeks the source of the wind and makes his fortune while the audience participates as the howling wind. The Big Toe: A humorous ghost story like those "jump tales" told around a camp fire. Old Dry Frye: The misadventures of a dead body around the community with the audience joining in the refrain, "Everybody Knows Old Dry Frye." Wicked John and the Devil: Six lucky volunteers from the audience get involved in John's successful efforts at outsmarting the devil. Jack and the Robbers: A popular closing story featuring a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster who help Jack in his journey to discover a fortune.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code TL5000
- Cast Size 5
- Pages 42
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780876022924
- "Love it! Perfect for competition or for a family theatre night."
- Review by R. Travis Carter, Washington High School, Washington, NC
- "I ordered this show on a whim and I am glad I did! The students loved this show the most out of all the productions we did this year."
- Review by Stephanie Daniels, Rock Hill High School, Rock Hill, SC
|Southeast Guilford High||Greensboro||North Carolina||3/21/2019||6/27/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).