A collection of four short comedies about the modern world. It's What's for Dinner: This comedy about the politics of food is set in the refrigerator of a well-meaning, middle-class American family. A locally grown head of kale learns the facts of life from a grass-fed steak, a hunk of brie and an ancient, moldy bit of macaroni and cheese. The play explores gentle fun at foodies and the local food movement as the food items fantasize about what meals they may be a part of and wonder why people buy food that they never manage to eat. Man Overboard: In the early morning aftermath of a wild party, a husband and wife must come to terms with their differing views of an important holiday: Talk Like a Pirate Day. For this celebration of buccaneer lingo, there are decorations to hang, annual traditions to attend to, and over-commercialization to worry about. But with a new baby in the picture, the wife decides it's time to reconsider priorities. Poinsettia vs. the Christmas Cactus: A Yuletide Smackdown: All is not calm as the Christmas decorations get into a ruckus over their places on the holiday pecking order. Poinsettia and the Christmas Cactus skirmish over which is on the top of the botanical Christmas list. Soon, an Advent calendar and a dancing Santa are ready to jump into the fray, but Mistletoe arrives just in time and manages to keep the peace. The Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations: An earnest young job applicant encounters an intense human resources representative during the oddest job interview of his life. Enduring a series of bizarre questions and navigating a strange corporate culture, the candidate lands the job in this probing look at the professional world in 21st-century America.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code ID9000
- Cast Size 5
- Pages 40
- Min. Royalty Rate $40/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583429747
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).