These "quickie" melodramas are superb money-makers because they can be inexpensively produced with just four to six rehearsals, and audiences love them. The playbook gives some great suggestions for opening with a sing-along, including a lot of audience-participation foolishness. You can also add music to underscore the melodrama, and each play has a fairly transparent place to put in some dancing. Specialty numbers and entr'actes may be added. High Noon in Gloomtown: A Wild-West shoot-'em-up with a mean villain, brave hero, delectable heroine, and lots of handsome guys and pretty gals. The Sword in the Styrofoam: A King Arthur slice-'em-up. The villainous king kidnaps the beautiful princess and locks her in a tower. Then along comes the knight in shining armor to save her and set everything right in the world. How Timely Nick and Betty Brown Formed a Conglomerate: A 1920s gangster stick-'em-up. Betty Brown, the heroine, is a bag lady, and the hero, Timely Nick, shows up in the nick of time.
Out of stock
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code HD8000
- Cast Size 5
- Pages 52
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Melodrama
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).