When we think of Appalachian storytelling, we tend to think of Jack's tales and stalwart heroes like Wicked John. But the mountains have their feisty heroines too, and Grandmother Tales is a celebration of two of these free spirits, Mutsmag and Ashpet. Grandmother, who gathers her young'uns with a song and a dulcimer (or a guitar, if that's what you have), narrates in the best story theatre tradition. She invites her listeners to take roles as undertakers, ugly sisters, trees, horses and even a fireplace. The stories she shares are of Mutsmag: derived from Scottish folklore and sometimes known as Molly Whuppie and sometimes as Muncimag, and Ashpet: a southern Appalachian Cinderella.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code G89000
- Cast Size 10
- Pages 40
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583428641
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).