Six short plays and two monologues explore a variety of themes and genres, inspired by the Major Arcana figures in the Tarot. Byzantium: A woman trying speed dating is frustrated by the fact that most men are intimidated by a strong female—particularly Empress of the Holy Roman Empire. Petting Sounds: Sounds of sex from a man's apartment turn out to have an unexpected source, and an even stranger explanation. The Picnic: A tableau from a Manet painting that comes to life, revealing a sensual paradise with some disturbing qualities. Balance: A vegetarian tries to explain to her carnivore date why she agreed to go out with him in the first place. A Cry in the Forest: An intrusive aunt finds out it's best not to poke too far into her niece's imagination. Affairs With the Moon: The thoughts of four women in different places as they talk to a debonair Moon. A Wild River: A reporter from Rolling Stone gets an interview with the new pope, who's got some pretty radical ideas. Stardust: The connection of two universal rites of passage between two different couples is slowly revealed.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code AK4000
- Cast Size 6
- Pages 56
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583429211
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).