Flanagan's Wake is one of the longest-running shows in Chicago theater history. When will it end? According to Brian Ballybunion, Flanagan's best friend and drinkin' mate, "We'll keep waking himself until we get it right." Join the villagers of the beautiful fictional village of Grapplin, County Sligo, Ireland, as they tell tales, sing songs and mourn the passing of one of their own, Flanagan. You'll be transported to the Emerald Isle to grieve as only the Irish can. You can share tales of your own experiences and misadventures with dear old Flanagan or simply enjoy the stories and songs of the locals as they recall life with "himself." Once you have arrived in Grapplin, you'll pay your respects to glowering Mother Flanagan and to poor grieving fiancée, Fiona Finn. Listen to a eulogy written by County Sligo's best-known writer, Mickey Finn, and tip a pint with Brian Ballybunion, himself a weaver of tales. You can cross yourself with the blessings from St. Gregory's parish priest, Father Damon Fitzgerald, or cross your fingers that local pagan Kathleen Mooney doesn't cast a spell on you. Mayor Martin O'Doul will preside over the proceedings with an iron hand (and a parched throat).
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code FA2000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Praise Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583425640
- "FUNNIEST SHOW we've EVER performed. Audience fell in love with the citizens of Grapplin and the plight of their dear departed Flanagan. "
- Review by Jason Williams, The Lights of Broadway, Jamestown, N.Y.
Media Reviews"Roisterous & Boisterous!" -Los Angeles Times
"A Great Party!" -Chicago Tribune
"A Hoot!" -The Boston Globe
"One of the funniest shows you’ll ever see." -NBC
"A great time." -The Chicago Sun-Times