This highly sought-after one act features an elderly couple who have lived a long and happy life together. Now, however, the woman is slowly slipping away as dementia runs its course. In an attempt to reawaken the bond they have held for so many years, the man tells her of the moment they fell in love. It is a story so vivid that she can see it play out before her eyes: a younger version of the man and woman meeting, falling in love and sharing a first kiss. One final, happy memory for her to take with her on her last long trip. Told with both laughter and tears, A Long Trip is a journey of lasting love and interdependence. Audiences everywhere have taken A Long Trip to heart for its mixture of joy, sadness and the wonder of life itself.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code LM7000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 15 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Senior Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619592209
“Takes a simple scene … and with remarkable economy evokes an entire life.” —Tulsa World
“Powerfully poignant.” —Tulsa World
|Pace Center Event Room||Parker||Colorado||10/24/2019||10/25/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).