George Orwell's satire on the perils of Stalinism has proved magnificently long-lived as a parable about totalitarianism anywhere and has given the world at least one immortal phrase: "Some are more equal than others." The animals on a farm drive out their master and take over and run the farm for themselves. The experiment is successful, except that someone has to take the deposed farmer's place. Leadership devolves upon the pigs, which are cleverer than the rest of the animals. Unfortunately, their character is not equal to their intelligence. This dramatization remains faithful to the book's plot and intent and retains both its affection for the animals and the incisiveness of its message.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code AB6000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9781583422717
- "There is a lot of room for imaginative staging and conceptual approaches with this adaptation."
- Review by Suzanne Konicek
- "Animal Farm continues to be timely and relevant. This concise adaptation is true to the story and is very accessible to cast and audience alike."
- Review by Darcy Rice, St. Margaret's Episcopal School, San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Allow plenty of time for rehearsal of the big "set pieces" of the show, such as the Revolution, The Battle of the Cowshed, etc."
- Tip by Darcy Rice, St. Margaret's Episcopal School, San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
Media Reviews"Ian Wooldridge's adaptation makes the text as engagingly relevant as ever." -Evening Standard
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).