This moving historical drama is inspired by the true story of a young slave's journey to freedom through the Underground Railroad. Whisperings of a railroad helping slaves across to the free states seem too good to be true to young Lida Anderson. But with the help of other slaves and her family, Lida risks everything to be free. Leaving behind the only life she knows, she embarks on a dangerous journey out of slavery to freedom. A Midnight Cry brings to life a vital part of our nations's history.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code ME2000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583422489
Media Reviews"A Midnight Cry is an important historical play for both children and adults." -The Press
"A Midnight Cry rings the bell of hope and freedom in a loud and forceful manner." -Community Press Inc.
"This powerful examination of the American conscience is driven by compassion, faith and the signs of a better world to come." -Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).