You've just settled down in a theatre to solve an audience-participation murder mystery. The narrator comes out and gives you a few "ins and outs" on what to look for in the play. The show starts and you meet Fat Daddy, a rich but vindictive southern gentleman with an equally conniving and scheming family. So you know who's going to die, right? But who will the murderer be? Will it be Sweet Mama, Daddy's pandering wife; Hyacinth, the daughter who's always cleaning the family firearms; Earl the worm, or his overly amorous wife, Savannah; or Clete, the sullen handyman who, for some reason, is in the will? Then Fat Daddy is discovered, dead as a hammer. Except the corpse isn't Daddy's—it's the narrator's! The director comes on stage and the police arrive. Now you have to figure out which of the actors murdered the narrator. And not only are you questioning the cast, but they are questioning you! Yes, you are a suspect as well! This frantic mystery-comedy will have audiences guessing until the last clue is dropped and the last ham overacts.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code Y23000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871298089
- "The audience-participation component of this show was extremely successful. Our audiences had a wonderful time trying to solve the mystery. They were engaged from the beginning. There was raucous laughter throughout each performance. We recommend this show as a fun and feel-good experience for cast, staff, and audience. Laughter is excellent medicine for our times."
- Review by Laureen Catlin, Mason Community Players, Inc., Mason, Ohio
- "Such a wonderful evening of fun and entertainment! "
- Review by Judy Lewis, FMCT, Fargo, N.D.
- "This was a great and challenging play to put on. It was great to have so much audience interaction with the actors. The one tip to remember is that even though the real body is not dead, you have to act like there is a dead body on stage."
- Review by Roberta J. Lillie, Bennington Community Theater, Bennington, Vt.
- ""Audience participation murder mystery" is a good descriptor of this play within a play. Our audiences had a great time at our dinner theater. Good food and then being accused of murder!"
- Review by Margaret Dennis, Newburgh Community Theatre, Newburgh, Ind.
- "In true Pat Cook fashion, this show was delightful, complicated and intense. This was a play within a play so six of the actors had to create two different characters. It is also an audience participation show. A very different type of work for these actors. The audiences loved it. It was an excellent comedy with lots of laughter involved."
- Review by Wendy Hassemer, Española's MainStreet Theatre, Española, N.M.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Unit Set - Perfect length to partner with a restaurant for dinner theatre."
- Tip by Judy Lewis, FMCT, Fargo, N.D.
- "We kept staging very simple. The audience enjoyed looking at the clues during intermission and then questioning the actors."
- Tip by Margaret Dennis, Newburgh Community Theatre, Newburgh, Ind.
|Strauss Theatre Center||Monroe||Louisiana||8/25/2023||9/2/2023|
|Bull Run Restaurant||Shirley||Massachusetts||9/16/2023||9/16/2023|