US A Teen History is a walk through American history, from Plymouth Rock to the internet, all told through the eyes of teenagers. This story theatre-style show is a compilation of scenes, songs, skits and monologues about the great tapestry that is America. And, like American history, it’s funny, tragic, dramatic and strange. It’s an insight into those who never made the pages of the history books, the teens who helped shape a nation. Did you know that some of the drummer boys in the Revolutionary War were as young as 11? Or that Caroline Pickersgill was only 14 when she sewed more than a million stitches into the flag that inspired “The Star-Spangled Banner”? Or that Sacagawea was 16 with a baby when she helped Lewis and Clark (who somehow remind us of Bill and Ted) map the western territories? And, best of all, this show is incredibly flexible. There are unlimited possibilities for cast size and gender. Sets, props and costumes can be as simple or complex as your time and budget will allow. Even the show itself can adapt to your space and audience, as we encourage you to write your own pieces about the forgotten teens of America.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code U41000
- Cast Size 16
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | Community Theatre | Praise Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama | Farce | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9781619591714
|We Were There Too||mp3||Download|
|Whisper on the Wind||mp3||Download|
|A Call to Arms||mp3||Download|
|The Immigrant Song||mp3||Download|
|The Rovin' Boys||mp3||Download|
|Peace and Harmony||mp3||Download|
|Union Pines High||Cameron||North Carolina||10/9/2018||11/15/2018|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).