Amy, attractive, lonely and a little fed up with her dead-end job as a clerk in a San Francisco bank where men doing the same work are much better paid, is having an unusual day. An oddly dressed Englishman comes up to her desk, greatly concerned about an earlier visitor whom he is evidently following. What Amy doesn't realize yet is that both of these men have just left the fog-filled London streets of 1893 to come to these fume-filled streets of present-day San Francisco. Jack the Ripper has used H.G. Wells' Time Machine to disappear into the future, and H.G. decides it's his responsibility to bring him back to London and justice. Befriended by Amy, H.G. begins to close in on Jack, which puts H.G. and Amy into some scenes that will have your audience gasping. H.G. is finally successful in bringing Jack the Ripper to a strange justice and in persuading Amy that she should come back to old London and marry him. Could this possibly be true? We can recite the historical fact. H.G. Wells' wife was named Amy, and back in London she began a major battle for women's rights!
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code T55000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871294234
- "The audience loved the show, as did the cast. It's a great blend of fact and fiction, and of sci-fi and dramaÉthe fights; the chase; and the budding romance tetween H.G. and Amy. The play offers a bit of something for everyone, and all are satisfied."
- Review by Jerry Runnersmith, Eureka Springs High School, Eureka Springs, Ark.