What do you do when you have three geriatric sisters as patients and all they want to do is sit at home and talk to one another—all at the same time? You move another person in with them. At least, that's what Doc Lomax does when he has a new nurse needing a place to live—a nurse with a secret, that is. The hard part is convincing the sisters they need a roomer. In no time, however, Nurse Jean has them planning parties, pulling Halloween pranks and wearing jogging suits while they race each other to the corner. But when the nephew shows up with a plan to sell the family house, things seem to get complicated again, especially with Christmas just around the corner. This heartwarming piece is loaded with wisecracks and one-liners that keep the laughter flowing.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code T94000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871293015
- "It was great fun putting it on. We had a dinner theatre and all tickets were sold out two weeks ahead of time. We had seating for 250 people."
- Review by Bonnie Heinzman, American Legion, Newaygo, MI
- "This play was very funny and so well received by the audience, we could have performed three more times. It was a great play to perform in bringing back this community theater after ten years of inactivity."
- Review by Scott Marcum, Bedford Area Community Theatre, Blockton, IA
- "This was an enormously funny show. Audience members were quite taken with the differences in the sisters' characters. It proves you are never too old to have fun and laugh a little at yourself."
- Review by Kristine Larson, Allamakee Community Players, Waukon, Iowa
- "Very well received. The audience laughed a lot. They seemed to highly anticipate the times the three sisters talked in unison. The part of Dr. Gomax was played by our local district attorney. When he gets into the egg nog, things get uproarious! This was our fifth community play, and most attendees thought it the best ever!"
- Review by Alan Goering, The Greater Barber County Historical Action Association, Medicine Lodge, Kan.
- "The play was wonderful! We have never performed any other play when the audience laughed as often or as spontaneously or as enthusiastically as they did at this one. The characters as well as the conflicts were interesting!"
- Review by Drama Director, Fulton High School, Fulton, Ill.
- "This piece was perfect for our young senior high group! They loved the challenge."
- Review by Richard Klassen, Candlewick Players, La Riviere, Manitoba, Canada
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Easily adapted to a small stage (12 X 12) and the part of Blue can be done by someone backstageÑnot seen as if in outer half of house."
- Tip by Linda Gooch, Childress Theatre Company, Childress, Texas
|Winder-Barrow Community Theatre||Winder||Georgia||9/15/2017||9/24/2017|