Like the stage manager in Our Town, Frank Baum "stage manages" his story to keep the action brisk from scene to scene. Baum is a welcome and theatrical addition. In real life he was an actor, traveling salesman, vaudeville manager and newspaperman—an authentic American gypsy. Swept to Oz on a cyclone, Dorothy joins with the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion as she searches for home and family. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz celebrates the importance of mind and heart; courage in facing what is feared; the need to dream, to dare, to ride out storms; the joys of loving, laughing, crying, being lost and found. Faithful to the original book, Virginia Koste's play creates a fresh framework for Oz.
Limited Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
Read an Excerpt
- Christmas in the Land of Oz
- Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz
- Dorothy Meets Alice
- The Patchwork Girl of Oz
- Scraps! The Ragtime Girl of Oz
- The Wizard of Oz (Martens)
- Dorothy Meets Alice or The Wizard of Wonderland
- Ozma of Oz: A Tale of Time
- OZ (revised manuscript)
- The Wizard of Oz (Thane)
- The Wizard of Oz (Musical, Jackson)
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code W67000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871290090
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Keep it simple. Don't over think. Less is more."
- Tip by Dale Mason, Pleasant Plains HS, Pleasant Plains, Ill.
|Pittsboro Youth Theater||Pittsboro||North Carolina||5/8/2021||5/8/2021|