Following the original fairy tale, this play presents an arrogant, swaggering Puss who struts though a series of adventures which give his young master position, riches and a happily-ever-after curtain. The young master's two elder sisters scoff when their brother receives only a cat in their father's will, but it is Puss, the self-styled "truly remarkable cat." The highlight is Puss' encounter with a most terrifying ogre whom he persuades to take on a mouse's form. That is obviously the end of the ogre and the installation of princess, master and Puss in the late ogre's castle!
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code T51000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583425169
- "The play is a good chance to perform the story of Puss-in-Boots for audiences who may not be terribly familiar with it. The show is simple enough to be performed by any group with minimal sets/lights, etc."
- Review by Patricia A. Beyer, Orchard Performing Arts Company, Delmont, Pa.
- "This is a very simple play to produce. The characters are funny and the script makes the fairy tale come to life. This play will be loved by people of all ages."
- Review by Natalie Skutlin, New Covenant Christian School, Lebanon, Pa.
- "It had a plot that could be followed by younger kids but still had humor for the older kids and adults. Every now and then a 30 minute play fits our needs perfectly."
- Review by Evelyn Weymouth, All of Us Express Children's Theatre, Okemos, MI