Strong, handsome, aspiring writer, young Jack London debarks from a hell-ship, North Star, commanded by vicious Captain Diequest, with a diary about the murderous voyage. On dry land Diequest taunts London into a primitive battle and loses. So begins London's most adventurous and romantic summer. His family destitute, Jack fights a bully to get backbreaking work shoveling coal. All day he works; at night he writes. London rescues a young dandy, Philip Bambridge, from muggers and falls in love with Bambridge's sister, beautiful, delicate Felicity—and she with him. But all forces conspire against them. London finishes the novel exposing Diequest, but Diequest plots to shanghai him. In a rollicking dockside fight and harrowing escape the only copy of the novel is destroyed. Gold strike in Alaska! Jack London must decide between his love of Felicity and his love of adventure—Alaska—writing—the call of the wild.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SE9000
- Cast Size 20
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- ISBN(13) 9781583420355
- "A powerful piece of theatre that students really enjoyed. They explored the history of turn-of-the-century America, an American literary icon and stage combat!"
- Review by Pamela Steers, East Grand Rapids High School, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).