Doyle's classic tale is equal parts love story and baffling mystery: Why is governess Mary Morstan—in mourning for the disappearance of her father years before—suddenly receiving anonymous gifts of priceless pearls? Why was Bartholomew Sholto murdered with a poisoned dart behind a locked door in the highest tower of Pondicherry Lodge in Norwood? And how are both of these events tied to a secret society's blood pact taken 31 years before at the Red Fort in Agra? Only two men are suited to untangle these conundrum literary history's best-known and best-loved deductive genius, Sherlock Holmes, and his constant companion, John Watson. Based on the second of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories and combining elements and favorite characters from several more, this ode to Victorian stagecraft is wide open to all theatrical elements to spin its tale from the smoky environs of the second-floor rooms at Baker Street to the climactic steamboat chase down the Thames.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SJ4000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 135 min
- ISBN(13) 9781583422854
Media Reviews"[This] sharp, sophisticated, highly intelligent world premiere stage adaptation works like a charm…It's a very tasty curry indeed." -Hedy Weiss, Chicago Sun-Times
"Sign of the Four encompasses sharp writing and acting… [This] exotic and dark new adaptation…is deliciously complex, and the resultant yarn positively beguiling." -Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).