With scant allegiance to the work of Shakespeare, this play takes many liberties with the Bard's text. In doing so, it achieves a comedy style of its own. Peter Quince the carpenter is out of work, and in his idleness, persuades his friends, "the rude mechanicals," to compete for a prize the duke is offering for a play to be performed in honor of his wedding. The rude mechanicals snatch at the chance to recoup their failing fortunes. Manipulated by Puck, a playful sprite, Quince writes a play about Pyramus and Thisbe and recruits the rude mechanicals to perform in it. It proves to be a riot and wins the prize.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code RA5000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | College Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- "Everyone loved the show and the cast really enjoyed doing it! It really brought the cast and crew together as one."
- Review by Christina Beard, Notre Dame Catholic School, Wichita Falls, TX
- "This is a wonderful comedy that introduces young actors to Shakespeare without being scary. Students are able to create fun and memorable characters."
- Review by Jodi Lander, San Jacinto Junior High, Midland, TX
|Flint Institute of Music -Flint School of Performing Arts||Flint||Michigan||8/11/2023||8/11/2023|