There is no scenery. Except for a few chairs, there are no props. Latecomers in the audience are invited to come up and sit on the stage, which they do. Their smiles broaden when the students start what appears to be a mock trial. A few months ago, a student fell to his death from the school fire escape... or perhaps he was pushed. The purpose of the mock trial is to fix responsibility. Now the proceedings no longer seem enjoyable. One revelation forces the next, and soon the entire community finds itself involved. This play is a demonstration of what John Donne wrote: "Each man's death diminishes me."
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code R13000
- Cast Size 26
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871297044
- "An amazing story of how we try to blame shift our responsibility on others ...rather than own it!! A conclusion of forgiveness is used at the end...LOVED it!"
- Review by Joan Nietzschmann, The Calvary Players, Port Jervis, N.Y.
- "Wow! Powerful, suspenseful, and full of great roles. Easy to produce but an over the top effect for cast and audience."
- Review by William Liegel, On Stage & Off, Lansdale, PA
- "Although the play is short, it captivated the audience from curtain to curtain. The ending brought tears to many eyes."
- Review by Richard Gage, Struthers High School, Struthers, Ohio
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Perform it straight through without an intermission; don't let the audience relax."
- Tip by Richard Gage, Struthers High School, Struthers, Ohio