This exciting new musical goes to the essence of Gaston Leroux's classic love story as it weaves the lives of the singer, Christine; her suitor, Raoul; and the omnipresent "Opera Ghost" into a tapestry of love, mystery and intrigue in 19th-century France. It also takes full advantage of the often neglected humor in this classical thriller. In addition to the principals, we meet the good-hearted opera managers, Moncharmin and Richard, the relentless commissary of police, Mifroid, and the mysterious visitor who is known only as "The Persian." The prima donna Carlotta, who inexplicably loses her voice, the delightful usher Mame Giry, and Yvette, a backstage worker, round out the leading women in the cast. A chorus of four or more play a number of other roles vital to the story. The versatile score ranges from rollicking chorus numbers to enchanting duets and memorable solos. Eminently singable, the music does not require operatic voices for its success. It is well within the range of most producing groups. This authentic Phantom of the Opera provides a unique opportunity for any cast, whether amateur or professional.
Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code P08000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- ISBN(13) 9780871291738
- "Phantom is well written. My students enjoyed working through the production. Their comments were, "This year drama was fun." The audience enjoyed seeing a high school production."
- Review by Peggy Smith, Wesleyan Christian Academy, North Branch, Mich.
- "The Phantom of the Opera is a fun, intriguing musical that really delighted our audiences. I imagine it would work equally well as either an adult or high-school production."
- Review by Danny Bohnen, Blood Brothers Productions, Longmont, Colo.