From one of the most popular novels and movies of the last decade comes a stage adaptation which gives new immediacy and excitement to the story of a first-year Harvard Law School student and his quest for the prestigious degree. We become intimately involved with the people who were so much a part of this world: the unforgettable, icily brilliant Professor Kingsfield; his beautiful, intriguing daughter Susan; and members of the study group. All the action takes place on a simple unit set, and the continual flow of the fast-paced action will delight the beginning as well as the experienced director. Critics have called The Paper Chase "rich... imaginative... moving and remarkable," and that's how your audience will find this play.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code P54000
- Cast Size 17
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871293985
- "Marvelous experience for our high school to portray Harvard scholars. Our students felt it was a good glimpse of college experience. Our high-school audience was most attentive. Excellent conflict, wonderful characters. We loved it."
- Review by Robert Ghormley, North Crawford School, Soldiers Grove, Wis.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Do not worry about age-appropriate casting for Kingsfield. Actors must spring from "station to station." However, set accessibility is absolutely vital. Choose a compatible Hart and Susan."
- Tip by Fred Sokol, Asnuntuck Community College, Enfield, Conn.