The legend of the wonderful Nutcracker is now available in this captivating play. At a gala Christmas Eve party, Clara's godfather presents her with an amazing Nutcracker in the form of a wooden soldier. Too excited to sleep, she suddenly finds the Nutcracker brought to life. He tells her he is a prince under the wicked enchantment of the Mouse King, and she joins him in a series of adventures in strange lands as he seeks to regain his throne. When she wakes, she finds the Nutcracker gone. Was it a dream or not? Then her godfather returns with his nephew—who just happens to look exactly like the prince! This charming play may be enhanced with dances to the music of Tchaikovsky.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code N22000
- Cast Size 22
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871295439
- "This is a good play for a beginning high school drama class. It is fun and has plenty of opportunity for kids to work on basics."
- Review by Joe Mishler, Holly High School, Holly, Mich.
- "This was a great rendition of the classic piece. Our audiences thoroughly enjoyed it. Perfect for younger audiences."
- Review by Richard Klassen, Candlewick Productions, La Riviere, Manitoba, Canada
- "This show broke records for us. It ran before winter break, and we sold out every performance well in advance. Families were thrilled to see this comprehensible, audience-friendly version of the classic ballet."
- Review by Karin Richey, Palo Alto Children's Theatre, Palo Alto, Calif.
- "Fantastic show! Easy costuming and set concepts, story is exciting for casts to perform and memorable for audiences to watch."
- Review by AJ Prawitz, St. James High School, St. James, Mo.
- "What a great show to do with actors and dancers. The play lends itself to several dance numbers in the show!"
- Review by Omar Leos, Thomas Edison High School, San Antonio, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "You can costume it in a variety of ways. Parts for a lot of kids."
- Tip by Joe Mishler, Holly High School, Holly, Mich.
|Area Community Theatre in Mitchell||Mitchell||South Dakota||11/29/2019||12/8/2019|
|Portage High School||Portage||Indiana||12/13/2019||12/15/2019|
|Palo Alto Children's Theatre||Palo Alto||California||12/5/2019||12/22/2019|
|Middaugh Hall, Dekalb County Fairgrounds||Auburn||Indiana||12/13/2019||12/15/2019|
|Pelham High School||Pelham||New Hampshire||12/13/2019||12/14/2019|
|West Cannon Baptist Church||Belmont||Michigan||12/17/2019||12/17/2019|
|Erskine Academy||South China||Maine||12/13/2019||12/14/2019|
|The Merc Playhouse Society||Twisp||Washington||12/4/2020||12/13/2020|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).