A down-and-out theatrical producer in 16th-century Spain plays on the vanity of the Castilians by announcing The Marvelous Playbill, an entertainment so unusual that only a pure-blooded Castilian can see it. The announcement brings people pouring in. Actually, there is no show. Chanfalla tells them what they are seeing. At first, they're all struck dumb by the realization that they aren't pure-blooded since they see nothing. Soon human vanity is at work and they're all telling outrageous lies.
Out of stock
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code M20000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871295309
- "This classic tale worked well for our in-school drama competition because of the over-the-top silly behavior and the large cast size."
- Review by Bronwyn Histand, Christopher Dock High School, Lansdale, PA
- "... a great play for competition. The "bare stage" was ideal for us since we were over two hours away from our competition site. This also put all the focus on the actors. It is also a well-written plaly with enough direction for a "first-timer," but with plenty of leeway for creativity."
- Review by Wanda England, Lago Vista Middle School, Lago Vista, Texas
- "This was the perfect play for a large group of young, inexperienced actors. It encompassed many of the skills we've been working on: pantomime, characterization, reactions, teamwork. The students really enjoyed performing this one-act play."
- Review by Annette DeGeorge, Mt. Pleasant Middle School, Mt. Pleasant, Tenn.