A young Martian asks another if there could be any life on Earth. "Impossible," is the answer. "There's too much oxygen!" However, an expedition from Earth has landed on Mars and is destroyed. The crew of a later rescue mission is committed to a Martian insane asylum for thinking themselves "Earth men." The involvements and interplay between the worlds and the opportunity for imaginative costumes and sets invite you, your actors and crew into a thrilling Bradbury adventure. The Los Angeles Times called the play "a must, an experience for everyone. If theatre is the creation of magic and illusion, The Martian Chronicles is this year's most spectacular example."
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code M64000
- Cast Size 24
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 110 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871292117
- "This was an excellently written play. It was very unique and fun to do. You know the dialogue is well written when there are no lines you are tired of hearing after two months of rehearsals."
- Review by Tom Southworth, Horicon High School, Horicon, Wis.
- "The Martian Chronicles, although written decades ago, is a contemporary play that deals with modern issues from prejudice to nuclear proliferation to cultural relations which turned out to be an ideal play for us as a school with talented and gifted students focused on math and science, but with a theatre program! :)"
- Review by W. Jo Strom, Winterhaven School, Portland, Ore.