This beloved classic now comes alive on stage in a magical full-length family musical. Filled with enchanting music and heart-felt lyrics, it has been touted by critics around the country for its sophisticated appeal to all ages. It tells the story of a world-weary aviator whose malfunctioning plane strands him on the Sahara Desert. When a mysterious, regal little boy appears and asks him to draw a sheep, the aviator is annoyed and distracted from his crisis—unaware that he is about to have a transforming experience. During their week in the desert the little prince tells him stories about his adventures through the galaxy and about his strained relationship with a special flower on his own tiny planet. He encourages the alienated aviator to document these tales by drawing once again as he had when he was a boy. By learning that "what is essential is invisible to the eye," the aviator comes to a new understanding of how to laugh, cry, and love again. This show with its unique features of live drawing as part of the action and a planetarium environment—provides a great deal of room for directorial concepts, allowing for either the most elaborate or simplest of productions.
A demonstration and performance CD set is available. Each set includes a performance CD and an instructional demo CD that walks you step-by-step through the more than 30 sound and music cues of varying lengths, teaching you how to incorporate the performance CD into your production.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code L05000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy | Drama
Media Reviews"This [musical] goes straight to the heart." -New York Newsday
"This is an adaptation the Saint Exupery himself would embrace. Perhaps like the Little Prince, he's looking down from some star and applauding." -United Press International
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).