Here is an entertaining and innovative treatment of the classic C.S. Lewis story. The heroic tale of love, faith, courage and giving; the life and death struggle for control of Narnia and the grandeur of the triumph of good over evil has enthralled audiences of all ages. This unique and excellent two-actor adaptation was toured by Lincoln Center.
NotesA script revision is available in the Downloads section.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code L54000
- Cast Size 2
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871296689
- "The two-person "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by Le Clanche du Rand is fabulously written. For two actors to portray such a complex story and have it evolve so wonderfully is truly a playwriting gift!"
- Review by Jean Prall Rosolino, Youth Stages, Princeton, NJ
- "It was a good fit for us. It was short enough to keep children from getting too "antsy" and long enough to tell the story in an interesting way. Our beginner and veteran actors found it to be fun and challenging."
- Review by Sharon Seabolt, Noonday Baptist Church, Marietta, GA
- "We played to a full house in our little school. We'd set up 120 chairs -- they set up all the rest. Standing room. Director was witch. Excellent performance by everyone. Very well received by our community. Thank you!"
- Review by Brenda Harms, Champlain Valley Christian School, Vergennes, Vt.
- "Outstanding adaptation! Perfect for touring, and true to the story."
- Review by Melanie David, Waypoint Theatre Company, Oro Valley, Ariz.
- "This highly creative two-actor version of the C. S. Lewis classic engages the audience and captures the imagination more effectively than 180 million dollars of special effects."
- Review by Cindy Gensemer, Friends of the Groom, Inc., Terrace Park, Ohio
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).