Have you ever wondered just where Santa Claus came from? L. Frank Baum knew. The same man who created The Wonderful Wizard of Oz lets us in on his secret: the story of Saint Nicholas as told to him by Necile, the nymph who found Claus and raised him as her own in the world of Knooks, Faeries, Ryls and, yes, even the dreaded Awgwas. "Beware the Awgwas," Necile warns Claus. "they hide under beds to frighten human children!" And so Claus decides he must leave the world of the Immortals and live among the humans, making toys to make children happy. He gets help from Jack Frost, who shows him the Frost Gale, allowing Claus and his sleigh to fly, and from two runaway Knooks, Lem and Barlo, who want to hear the children laugh. This delightful tale answers once and for all how Santa Claus made the first toy, why he climbs down chimneys and, most of all, how he learned to laugh that great "Ho, ho, ho."
Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code LB2000
- Cast Size 32
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583421048
- "The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus was a fun show to do. There were many different parts allowing me to cast all of the kids who auditioned. (Our acting company that put this on is ages 8-15.) We used a simple unit set and everyone loved it. It was a good alternative to the usual Christmas fare."
- Review by Ricki Marking-Camuto, West County Family YMCA, Chesterfield, Mo.
- "The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus is a wonderful show for an adults and children cast. The audience loved the characters and the sets can be as creative or imaginary as afforded."
- Review by Pat Hudson, Stow Players, Inc., Stow, Ohio