Five of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories, including How the Camel Got His Hump, How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin and How the Elephant Got His Trunk are included here. The tales are brought vividly to life by Kipling's young daughter, Elsie, and a group of new friends she has made during a visit with her aunt while her parents are away. Elsie receives in the mail from her father a recently published copy of his new book, a series of animal adventures. She and her friends eagerly act out the stories until they come to the final one which, to the surprise of her friends, Elsie is reluctant to enact. The ending, which holds a surprise or two, is moving and uplifting as Elsie learns something about herself and her friends as well. The lively action, intriguing stories and colorful characters will delight performers and audiences in this play for all ages.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code J37000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583420621
- "The show was clever and, with its episodic structure and flexible casting, ideal for a class project."
- Review by James Rayfield, Blake High for the Arts, Tampa, Fla.
- "This was an excellent vehicle for a group of children from 4th grade to 7th."
- Review by Bill Shorr, JEL Theatre, Beverly, Mass.
- "Just So Stories challenges the students to act in an imaginative way. They're having a blast depicting different animals and environments with just typical household items."
- Review by Matt Beresh, Mogadore High School, Mogadore, Ohio
|Bald Eagle Area Middle/High School||Wingate||Pennsylvania||2/1/2019||2/2/2019|