- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code H23000
- Cast Size 22
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 165 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871292612
- "What a wonderful play. Our Senior Citizen audience could really relate to the story of the Spencers. It was thoroughly enjoyed."
- Review by Jim Miller, Osceola Community Players, Osceola, IN
- "It was an outstanding performance! "Homecoming" was enjoyed by all who attended. The characters were believable and true to the traditions of "The Waltons.""
- Review by Peggy Smith, Wesleyan Christian Academy, North Branch, MI
- "What a wonderful production! A heart-warming play with all the right elements for a universal message."
- Review by Sherry Petrowski, Maryville High School, Maryville, TN
- "Wonderful adaptation! I used three platforms on three different levels. Two stayed the same and one was flexible. Very easy to stage for great effect!"
- Review by Paul A. Orsett, Wakefield School Theatre Co., Raleigh, N.C.
- "The Homecoming was our most financially successful production in years. The cast enjoyed the characterizations and antics. The play is very well written; it nicely balances fun, drama, warmth, tension and nostalgia with a perfectly executed climax. Our audiences were very attentive and responsiveÑthe story really carried them along. As the director, I honestly can't say enough positive about this wonderful play."
- Review by Tracie Brelsford, Pullman Civic Theatre, Pullman, Wash.
- "This Christmas classic brings families together. Our audiences need a warm fuzzy sometimes, and The Homecoming did the trick. People are still talking about the sisters and Papa's recipe."
- Review by Walter Williams, Master Arts Theatre, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- "This was one of the most successful shows we have ever done. Audience turnout was phenomenal. Six of our eight performances were sold out, the other two almost sold out. Most people left the theatre moved and thrilled."
- Review by Jill Dunlap, Steeple Players Community Theatre, Hendersonville, Tenn.
- "This heartwarming story really got to my fairly young cast (many freshmen). Staging was a dream. The script was very workable and the cast learned the lines, cues and scenes very quickly. The Waltons tie-in was a draw for the public."
- Review by Joseph Ferreira, KP Drama & GAPS, Wrentham, Mass.