The lovable Clampett family rides onto your stage for an evening of hillbilly hilarity. Starting in the Clampett's mountain cabin (a small set placed inside the larger set), the play follows them through the discovery of oil, their improbably invasion of hi-falutin' Beverly Hills society and the absurd adventures and ridiculous romances they encounter there. They and the people they meet in "Californy" provide challenging characterizations for your cast.
Limited Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code B16000
- Cast Size 21
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Farce | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9780871294111
- "It was a fun show. Great characters that challenged my kids. Lots of cheesey jokes and lines. This was a perfect show for my first time directing. Audiences came to see the clampetts from the TV show and enjoyed our little spin on them. I highly recommend this show."
- Review by Michael Stauffer, Seaman HS, Topeka, Kan.
- "What a funny, funny script! The students and audiences loved it!"
- Review by Julie Williams, Oelwein High School, Oelwein, IA
- "Absolutely hilarious. Tough to match. The audience was constantly laughing. Our Jethro simply walked on stage and the audience fell in love with him."
- Review by Jonathan Dyck, Landmark Collegiate, Landmark, MB
- "The Beverly Hillbillies is great fun! The students love it because of the comedy. The parents love it because it is a show they grew up with."
- Review by Karen Jaffe, Lake Zurich Middle School North, Lake Zurich, IL
- "The comedy "works" and the blocking is great."
- Review by Donna Taylor, Bledsoe County High School, Pikeville, TN
- "We put on two shows using students in grades 6-12. It was extremely well received by patrons ranging in age from preschool to the elderly. The play lasted seven minutes longer than it did in dress rehearsal because of the cast needing to wait for the laughter to stop!"
- Review by Kaylene Erdahl, Lake Mills Community School, Lake Mills, Iowa
- "This was the best play I have ever directed at my middle school. The audience loved it, the actors loved it, and I loved it. I'll be using it again!"
- Review by Julia Ann King, Cedar Heights Junior High, Covington, Wash.
- "This was such a fun production. These middle school actors developed these funny characters and the audience fell in love with them. Such a good choice for these young thespians."
- Review by Kim Fain,. Finneytown Middle School, Cincinnati, Ohio
- "Hilarious! The lines capture the original show perfectly. This play was easy to produce and enjoyed by audiences of all ages!"
- Review by Roselyn Schillerstrom, West Lyon Community Schools, Inwood, Iowa
- "I was amazed at the response for Beverly Hillbillies! Our most successful show in 19 years. Great entertainment for everyone. Hilarious show! Adults loved to go back in time and laugh with the familiar characters. Nostalgia works!!"
- Review by Mario Carnevale, Theatre Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "It is important that you have a good Granny. My Granny stole the show. Someone who can take charge of the stage. Make sure to have a big mansion."
- Tip by Michael Stauffer, Seaman HS, Topeka, Kan.
- "We had a live band playing hillbilly music. It put the audience in a festive mood, clapping and having a good time."
- Tip by Mario Carnevale, Theatre Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
|Chandler-Gilbert Community College||Chandler||Arizona||10/1/2020||10/3/2020|
|On Stage Productions||Lexington||South Carolina||8/14/2020||8/22/2020|
|Moberly Sr. High||Moberly||Missouri||6/1/2020||6/30/2020|
|Cambridge Performing Arts Centre||Cambridge||Ohio||10/1/2020||10/31/2020|
|Ankeny Community Theatre (ACT)||Ankeny||Iowa||10/1/2020||10/11/2020|
|Southwestern Community College Performing Arts Center||Creston||Iowa||7/10/2020||7/12/2020|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).