Five delightful tales including Peter Rabbit, The Tailor of Gloucester and Jemima Puddle-Duck are interwoven with the fascinating life of their creator, Beatrix Potter, in this enchanting, enlightening entertainment for all ages. The play moves back and forth from the fantasy world she created to the intriguing story of Beatrix Potter herself, who overcame her lonely, strict childhood—in which her writings and drawings were discouraged in the male-oriented Victorian era—to become the most widely read children's author of all times. We also meet Beatrix's governess, Annie (who narrates the play), and Annie's children for whom many of the stories were originally written. Both entertaining and educational, this play is a must for any child—or adult—who has ever fallen under the magical spell of Peter Rabbit and his many friends. Simply staged, this play is ideal for any space and every budget.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A53000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871293565
- "... Our audience stayed glued to their seats even when the air conditioning wasn't working. A true testament to the quality of this production in SC heat!"
- Review by Nancy McGrath, Greer Cultural Arts Council, Greer, SC
- "Excellent script. Great for a cast of 20! Besides the principals, each child had three roles."
- Review by Tom Ostheimer, Children's Theatre Company, Williamstown, Mass.
|Trinity College School||Port Hope||Ontario||4/12/2019||4/13/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).