This is perhaps the best one-act arrangement of Molière available. This publisher was present at the University of Texas in Austin for the Interscholastic League contest and saw Burleson's actors from Meadow High School acclaimed as they won first place in their division with this play. It begins with a prologue in which Molière must deal with his acting company and continues as they go into an exciting short version of the classic farce itself.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code T61000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9780871294227
- "A terrific adaptation of Moliere's classic play."
- Review by Jody Reppert, Wilson High School, West Lawn, PA
- "Excellent shortened version of the classic play. Flow is nice and character and script integrity is maintained. Easy for youngsters to understand."
- Review by Marce Walsh, Village Middle School, Houston, TX
- "This play was great -- the script took us all the way to the Southeastern Theatre Conference. An adjudicator called it a "great translation ... well constructed.""
- Review by Sandra Camphor, Ocean Springs High School, Ocean Springs, MS
- "We enjoyed Noyce Burleson's rewrite of Tartuffe. He did a great job of capturing the spirit of the playÑfun wording."
- Review by John Henningsgaard, La Porte School, La Porte, Minn.
- "Tartuffe was great fun for my cast. As teenagers, they enjoyed the skewering of the imposter and they took great joy in the portrayal of Tartuffe's hypocrisy. Literature and foreign languages/culture faculty appreciated the connection as well."
- Review by Randy Burse, Gallatin High School, Gallatin, Tenn.