Delia, a teenage girl from New York City, moves to a small town after her father (a teacher) is killed in a school shooting. In her new high school, Delia is immediately faced with putdowns from the snooty, rich girls and handsome jocks who rule the hallways. Feeling like an outcast, Delia struggles to overcome her grief and start a new life. When she notices a boy repeatedly being bullied, she is determined to try to help. In the process, she discovers the healing power of friendship. Surviving Lunch has been presented to thousands of middle- and high-school students by the national SOURCE Theatre Company of Sarasota, Florida. The play has evoked extensive post-show discussions and evaluations and is highly praised by teachers, administrators and students.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code SJ5000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 35 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583422700
- "Fabulous play with a GREAT message! Several schools asked us to perform the play for their student body due to the central theme of bullying."
- Review by Taryn Nejtek, Honey Grove HS, Honey Grove, TX
|Guthrie Center High School||Guthrie Center||Iowa||1/19/2019||2/16/2019|