This wonderful spoof of The Method, and even Actor's Studio itself, concerns the students of a dramatic academy awaiting a famous artist who will guest star in one of their plays. They are all trying to "live" their art. The director is very conscious that he studied under Stanislavsky and reminds the students of this fact at every opportunity. Into this madhouse comes the famous actress. To the dismay of all, she is a normal, hard-working girl who teaches the students that there is no substitute for hard work and good sense.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S50000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 145 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871294418
- "This was an easy to stage show that both the actors and audience loved. It also provided a great way to teach about theatre history and method acting."
- Review by John Ogden, New Caney High School, New Caney, TX
- "Stardust provides fun for everyone on and off the stage. Some of the humor has special meaning for those involved in drama but much of it appeals to anyone who has ever gone to school or been in love."
- Review by Paul Friskney, Cincinnati Bible College, Cincinnati, OH
- "Stardust is an excellent choice for high school or community theatres interested in delving into a bit of theater/acting history and comedy. It's an innocent show full of fun, but demanding enough to challenge an ensemble."
- Review by Mark Flagg, Brookfield Academy, Brookfield, WI
- "Wonderful vehicle for student actors. Large cast and many opportunities for comic "bits" for both principal and minor roles."
- Review by Sharon Garry, Jefferson Township High School, Oak Ridge, N.J.
- "Stardust turned out to be a comedic surprise for 18 students. We loved it! The witty humor and double-take style of acting was challenging and exciting. The simple but colorful set option really worked for our small school and space."
- Review by Eunice Bragg, Pioneer Valley Christian School, Springfield, Mass.