This play from John O'Brien deals with a terrible problem of today—the acts of terrorism against innocents which the terrorists perceive as justified by what they hope to achieve. In this play a young woman is recruited for such a purpose, and in a few sentences the author describes the resulting play: "Softy is a 30-minute ticking time bomb. Some people choose to suffer harm rather than inflict it. Softy is such a person. She has the best of all reasons to seek vengeance, but at the moment of truth, she chooses to die rather than kill. Not for the weak of heart."
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code S94000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 20 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871290984
- "Softy is a story that personalizes a terrorist act, bringing us into the lives of both victims and perpetrator in such a way that we truly care for all involved. It is a thought-provoking piece about human relationships, revenge, hopelessness and where each one of us "draws the line." With humor, love, sadness and kindness, we enter a world we usually only hear about and too often depersonalize."
- Review by Leslie Thomas, Whitefish High School, Whitefish, Mont.
- "A solid one-act for beginning to advanced actors."
- Review by Shelly Riggs, Logan High School, Logan, Ohio
- "A very moving, powerful piece relevant to what's happening in the world today."
- Review by Alison O'Toole, Prince Rupert Secondary School, Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada
|Stillwater High School||Stillwater||Oklahoma||5/12/2023||5/12/2023|