Professor TJ Barker and his troupe of traveling theatricals have just arrived at the theatre to begin a performance of their spectacular production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs when they realize something is amiss. Not only has the orchestra not arrived, but also five of the hilarious O'Hanlon brothers have been stricken with food poisoning. Now only … gasp … two actors are left to play the dwarfs! Can Professor Barker rally his troupe and prove that the show can go on? Follow their madcap theatrical adventure as they take turns acting, puppeteering and becoming the orchestra while performing one of the most beloved fairy tales of all time. Through ingenuity and will power, they prove in the end that anything can happen once upon a time. Music in book.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SW6000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583427132
- "This was a fun show to produce, perfect for a small community theatre. We were able to intermix all ages and cast all who auditioned. We had just as much fun creating pre-show audience participation as we did the show. We were able to be creative in many ways including puppets, shadow puppets and audience interaction. We originally were planning to do the show without instruments because we simply did not think we had the people to do it, but thank goodness we found both someone who played the piano as well as a prince who played guitar! I would not recommend doing this show without some musical talent."
- Review by Joel Soukkala, County Seat Theater Company, Cloquet, Minn.
Media Reviews"A+." -Chicago Parent magazine
"This chipper show moves quickly … a warm atmosphere and an aesthetic that's full and fun." -Chicago Tribune