Sleeping Beauty, the way the Brothers Grimm wrote it, neglected to explain the how—how, for example, a satisfactory prince managed to arrive at just the right time. Sing Ho for a Prince attempts to remedy this oversight by telling the story from the viewpoint of Treakle, the fairy who promised to watch over the Princess. This musical fairy tale is scored for two pianos; however, the play may be produced with or without music. Producers whose box office requires a well-known title may publicize it as Sleeping Beauty.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code S89000
- Cast Size 28
- Min. Royalty Rate $60/perf
- Cost $7.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871290472
- "Fun -- the kids liked it. Simple to produce. Great name recognition to use full title ending with Sleeping Beauty. Good opportunity for special effects to enhance production."
- Review by Sue Dorsch, Attic Theatre, Appleton, WI
- "I have directed Sleeping Beauty in high school and middle school. Both times it was a big success. The show is colorful and funny with memorable roles for many students."
- Review by Judy Fenton, Murphy Middle School, Murphy, Texas