Adapted by Ms. Bennett from her best-selling novel, this multiple award winner evokes laughter and tears. Middle-schooler Darcy has a tough home life. Money is tight and her parents argue constantly. Her sole salvation is her older brother, David, who adores her, too. But when David gets his first girlfriend, he is blinded by love and stops paying attention to Darcy. They have a huge fight and Darcy flees. When David follows her to apologize, he is killed in a terrible accident. Following his wishes, David's heart is transplanted. Guilt-ridden Darcy comes to believe that if she can find her brother's heart, she can in some way find her brother. And so the search for David's heart begins. On an epic quest with her best friend Sam (a junior magician and would-be Harry Houdini), not only does Darcy find David's heart, she finds her own.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SG6000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583420867
- "A perfect show for middle school productions! It deals with a timely issueÑthat middle schoolers can relate to, contains a balance of both comedy and drama, and engages them with the many magic tricks that appear throughout the show."
- Review by Michael Strawderman, Thomas Harrison Middle School, Harrisonburg, Va,
- "After producing Bennett's John Lennon & Me a few years back to great success, I was excited to get this script. When I read this play, I knew it was the one for our school! The students have absolutely embraced it, and there was fierce compeition for the casting. We have enjoyed digging into these characters and all the dynamics of the relationships. It is comic and tragic throughoutÑa rare but effective mix."
- Review by Shannon Mallrich, Triad High School, Troy, Ill.
|Highland High School||Highland||Indiana||2/22/2019||2/24/2019|