In comedy, all roads lead to Rome and Plautus, and this lively, modern adaptation suggests why. Charinus is a nice Roman boy who has fallen in love with a slave girl. Unfortunately, so has his father, and his dad has more money. But Dad has to be careful Mom doesn't find out, so he seeks the help of a neighbor. Eventually the wives straighten out the husbands and the lovers are united, but not before an incredible series of mistaken identities, confusions, pratfalls and comic disasters.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code R31000
- Cast Size 14
- Min. Royalty Rate $40/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- ISBN(13) 9781583421079
- "Really great comedy -- good character roles -- I've used this one several times for class."
- Review by K. Stilwell, Logan High School, Logan, OH
- "It was a success! The play only required minimal props and costumes. The entrances and exits were easy. This is a great, funny play for a novice cast."
- Review by Jackie Davis, Albert Gallatin High School, Uniontown, Pa.