In this delicious comedy, a man apparently witnesses the immediate aftermath of his own death. He's in a hospital, and as none of his relatives can see or hear him, he decides he must be dead. Another patient comes in and as they both see and hear each other, they decide that both of them must be dead. What the other people say and do is not what either of the men expected under the circumstances. It isn't what the audience will expect either. We invite you to enjoy this unexpected show and its especially unexpected ending.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code R14000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871296726
- "We loved this play. Pat Cook writes very funny material for students. Students had the opportunity to not only try out stock characters but play with varied emotions."
- Review by Sharie Miller, Devine ISD, Devine, Texas
- "I loved it! I especially love word play and this was full of it ..."
- Review by Marcianne Hansen, Luxemburg-Casco High School, Luxemburg, Wis.
- "Rest in Peace was a great success for us. It was easy to rehearse and it was a real crowd pleaser. Our most successful comedy so far!"
- Review by Penny Leonhardt, Floresville MTH Players, Floresville, Texas
- "It is a wonderful play for middle schoolers. They understand the themes, yet it challenges them to reach new acting heights. Beautifully written."
- Review by Kim Hubbard, Argyle Middle School, Argyle, Texas
- "Wonderfully received classic comedy that audiences enjoy!"
- Review by Leah Andrews, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio