Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code P63000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871296801
- "Fabulous for middle-school performers and audience. We had a great time discovering vaudeville and all its great songs and performers!"
- Review by Lynn Ellingboe, The Blake Middle School, Hopkins, Minn.
- "Great show for a junior high, especially with kids new to musicals. The songs have catchy melodies and have few harmonies. Also, many of the songs can be found onlineÑsung by the original singers/songwritersÑwhich kids enjoyed discovering. Would highly recommend this show."
- Review by Megan Fox, Kalles Junior High, Puyallup, Wash.
- "Playing the Palace was an audience participation show that they greatly enjoyed. We did a PowerPoint of lyrics to any songs the full chorus sang so the audience could sing along with the words before them. They really enjoyed the running joke that everything seemed to be a cue for an old song."
- Review by Debra Dion Faust, Ipswich High School, Ipswich, Mass.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "I cast teachers in the roles of the former vaudeville stars/ghosts. This worked beautifully!"
- Tip by Lynn Ellingboe, The Blake Middle School, Hopkins, Minn.