Conrad Jarrett had an older brother named Buck, and now Buck is gone. What's left of young Conrad's family, with his successful, well-intentioned father and his beautiful, organized and remote mother, is in terrible jeopardy, as is Conrad himself. They are all "ordinary people" and each is fighting a hard battle. This play goes to the essence of a young man, his friends and family, their relationships and survival. This full-length play is an extraordinary opportunity for your cast, as each role has a rich texture and purpose that will challenge and stretch your actors. A critic from The New York Times summed up, "The anxiety, despair and joy that is common to every human experience … if Conrad and his family are ordinary people, why then so are we all."
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code O39000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871295002
- "The perfect blend! The audience equally laughed and cried. A very sad realistic look at today's dysfunctional families. However, for this family there's a light at the end of the tunnel."
- Review by Debi Ferrara, Westvale Christian Theatre Co., Salt Lake City, UT
- "This show has been an amazing opportunity for our students to talk about issues close to their home: grief, loss, blame, isolation and depression."
- Review by Ann Sorensen, Minnehaha Academy Upper School, Minneapolis, Minn.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We used gauzy curtains that flowed up and down to separate the three-four performing areas so audience members knew where to look."
- Tip by Stephanie Barton-Farcas, Nicu's Spoon, New York, N.Y.