The rundown parsonage at their new parish comes as a shock—but that's only the beginning! Reverend Spence finds the church building coming apart, the congregation split into warring factions, and the choir "a cross between the devil's grandmother and a swarm of mountain wildcats." Eileen and Hartzell, his teenage children, are disgusted at having been yanked out of a comfortable parsonage and a fine high school. But then Hartzell meets pretty Louise, and Eileen is introduced to the football captain. The humorous complications that result make trouble for Reverend Spence. His struggle to build a new church, organize a new choir, and crush intolerance leads to a battle among his flock and the threat of being dismissed from the clergy! Hartzell's complications have led him not only to the brink of romantic disaster but right into the local jail—just when the future of the Spence family depends on him! The surprising conclusion brings down the curtain on an evening that both entertains and lifts the spirit.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code O14000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871292247
- "It is long but very worthwhile! Great for church groups and community theatre groups. Based on a true story from the early part of the last century but with themes and lessons that are SO relevant to our times."
- Review by Sharon Rodriguez, MoezArt Productions, Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.