Colorful characters like Dorcas the Christmas Duck, Tanya and Toulouse Turkey, Parker and Penelope Penguin, Vincent the Violet-Nosed Vulture, the Ice Elves, the Short Squat Trolls and, of course, Sandy and Santa Claus, populate the delightful Christmas fairyland. Inspired by the national best-selling children's book Father Gander Nursery Rhymes: The Equal Rhymes Amendment, these three short comedies bring joy to holiday the world. A goofy, good-natured vulture unwittingly volunteers to be roasted for Christmas dinner in the interactive Dorcas the Christmas Duck: A Cautionary Tale. A lonely, tall Ice Elf is ridiculed by the selfish Short Squat Trolls when the Claus family considers relocating to the South Pole in The Last Straw: A Christmas Fable. The bizarre Turkey family performs a hilarious Christmas pageant for the uppercrust Penguins in Peas on Earth: A Bird's-Eye View of Christmas. Innovative costumes, funny lyrics to familiar Christmas carols, gentle lessons and a sweet but confused retelling of the Christmas story make O Christmas Three! a sure hit with actors and audiences alike. Give the gift of laughter for Christmas.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code O54000
- Cast Size 14
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871295354
- "We love this play, especially "Peas on Earth." And our audiences loved it, too! This is my second time to produce the show and I'm sure I'll do it again."
- Review by C. Wood, Waller High School, Waller, Texas
- "Peas on Earth went well. I thought the puns might be above the kids: ages 5-10. But they loved 'em!"
- Review by George Dunn, Kents Hill School, Kents Hill, Maine