Even good kids can do bad things. Three high-school sophomoresCisco, Ryker and Rollysneak out in the middle of the night to sabotage the senior prank and frame the freshman class for it. But Amelia, Cisco's best friend from childhood, has other plans for the trio. The foiled prank exposes the group's underlying tension and tests their loyalty to one another. Each person has something to prove. Cisco, an honors student with dreams of attending Notre Dame, finds himself torn between his friends and the girl he loves. What will he do when he is forced to choose between them? Amelia, a skilled athlete, must face down rumors that have dogged her for years, and she finds out that one of her closest friends has betrayed her trust. How far is she willing to go to prove herself? Ryker, a brilliant chess player, skillfully manipulates his friends in order to stay in control of the situation. Could all his bravado be hiding something? Rolly, an endearing but gullible follower of the others, finds the courage to stand up to his friends. Is he truly willing to stand on his own? With pride and reputation at stake, the four teenagers escalate a game of dare to dangerous levels, risking their friendships and their lives. The story of Nocturnal raises three questions: How do friends affect our perception of ourselves? How do friends work through conflict? What do we do when the limits of our friendships are put to the test? Nocturnal is a fast-paced, highly physical drama about status, relational aggression and gender identity among teenage boys. It is a companion play to Nasty, which explores the same issues among girls. Nasty and Nocturnal are designed to be presented together or on their own.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code N87000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 50 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590946
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).